Indore, July 6, 2023: Dominating racetracks and unleashing its racing DNA, TVS Motor Company, a reputed manufacturer of two and three-wheelers globally, along with India’s leading tyre maker, Apollo Tyres Ltd, set a new Indian National Speed Endurance Record on TVS Apache RR 310 motorcycle shod with Apollo Alpha H1 tyres. As part of the 24-hour speed endurance challenge, a milestone of 3,657.92 kms was achieved at NATRAX, Indore – Asia’s longest highspeed track, as certified by FMSCI.
TVS Apache RR 310, the ultimate track weapon engineered by TVS racing is renowned for its exceptional power and agility. With a top speed of 173 km/hr, and an astounding average speed of 152 km/hr the TVS Apache RR 310 fitted with Apollo Alpha H1 tyres, proved its dominance on the racetrack, solidifying its position as a force to be reckoned with.
Fostering the company’s ‘Track to Road’ philosophy, the TVS Apache series recently achieved a significant milestone of five million global sales, solidifying its reputation as the fastest-growing premium motorcycle and earning the trust and loyalty of customers worldwide.
Commenting on this milestone, Mr. Vimal Sumbly, Head Business – Premium at TVS Motor Company, said, “Setting a new benchmark in speed and endurance, the TVS Apache RR 310 and Apollo Tyres have defied all limits during the 24-hour speed endurance race that put the motorcycle through such a rigorous challenge. This remarkable achievement is a testament to our commitment to innovation and performance. The TVS Apache RR 310’s exceptional performance on the track showcases its cutting-edge technology and unwavering reliability. We couldn’t be prouder of the entire team and the motorcycle’s capabilities, as it continues to push the boundaries of speed and endurance. This record-breaking accomplishment solidifies the TVS Apache’s position as a true champion in the world of motorcycling.”
Apollo Alpha, ‘zero degree’ steel belted motorcycle radials have been designed and developed with the primary focus on grip and safety. It has high silica reinforced compound for best grip during cornering and other forms of manoeuvring. With this product Apollo Tyres is also making efforts to radialise the two-wheeler market in India.
Speaking on the achievement, Vikram Garga, Group Head, Marketing, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa (APMEA), Apollo Tyres Ltd, said “We always believed that we had a winning product in Apollo Alpha, which had been widely tested and accepted by biking experts and enthusiasts, not only in India, but also in Europe. This 24-hour record that has been created at NATRAX, with Apollo Alpha H1 tyres shod on TVS Apache RR 310 bikes, validates our confidence in our two-wheeler radials. It is a matter of great pride for the entire team of Riders, the support staff and the Teams from TVS and Apollo Tyres, for achieving this feat on speed endurance challenge. With this great product shod on their motorcycles, the biking enthusiasts can go out and enjoy their passion will full confidence.”
Key highlights from the 24 hours Speed Endurance Challenge –
- The team consisted of 18 riders who relayed on 3 TVS Apache RR 310 motorcycles, shod with Apollo Alpha H1 tyres, starting off the 24-hours speed endurance challenge at 10:00 AM IST on July 2, 2023
- As part of the challenge, the riders covered a total of 322 laps, at an average speed 152 km/hr
- The top speed recorded during the challenge was 173 km/hr
- The challenge has made its way into the India Book of Records for covering 3657.92 kms in 24-hours
- The key factors contributing to TVS Apache RR 310’s exceptional performance have been its advanced aerodynamic design, crafted in wind tunnel. This has yielded the best-in-class coefficient of drag, to achieve maximum downforce and minimum wind blast, and a higher top speed
- The race derived power plant makes 34bhp, built to endure & perform at extreme conditions